Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can only log-in to Temporary Profile  (Read 19851 times)

ariellemarie7

Can only log-in to Temporary Profile
« on: November 01, 2008, 11:48:43 AM »
Laptop Specs:
Toshiba Satellite A205-S4607 (Pro, I believe)
Windows Vista
I don't know how to find RAM and other specs

Problem:
When I turn on my computer, the log-in screen comes up as normal. I type in my password and it goes to the Welcome screen. But it takes about a minute and a half to on this page over the usual 10-15 seconds. It also makes a sound as if it is reading a CD, but there is no CD in the drive. Then it goes to a screen saying "Loading Desktop Settings" it stays here for a long time as well. When i finally get to the desktop, it is not my normal desktop. A small pop-up comes off the right side of my start bar and it says: Your desktop could not be loaded correctly! A temporary profile has been loaded and any changes made to it will not be saved. Also, the welcome center comes up as if it were the first time for me to use the laptop. This happens every time i try to sign in my administrative account. If I sign into guest this problem does not occur. I am able to use the laptop normally (i.e. get online, make documents, run programs) but nothing is saved because of the Temporary settings. I know my files are still on the computer because when I ran my virus scans I saw them scanning all my files. Basically what i need help with is to figure out how i can sign into my administrative account and stop my laptop from starting this temporary profile.

When it started:
I stupidly let someone use my laptop for their personal stuff. I noticed she was on Photobucket uploading and saving pictures she had saved from the internet on my computer. When she was here my computer froze and she began clicking the mouse rapidly and hitting buttons to try and make it unfreeze. I told her to just let it work itself out and wait. Then the "internet explorer has stopped working" alert came up and it just restarted the browser...but since this first time it has ever done this, it is doing it more often now. When she was done she shut down my computer using the method to just close out of everything and close the laptop shut. I did not get on my laptop for about 2 days, and when i did try to get on it began taking me to the temporary profile instead of my administrative one.

What i have done:
I've ran McAfee Virus Scan, McAfee Stinger, and Ad-Aware. There were some corrupted music files found, some cookie trackers from websites and not much more. I also tried starting my computer and pressing F8 to run the different diagnostics on that menu to see if i could solve the problem that way. None of them target this problem, because my files are not missing i just cannot get access to them because they are in C://Users/Arielle not C://Users/Temp.Arielle

Please help me figure out how to stop logging into a temporary profile so i can log into my own.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Can only log-in to Temporary Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 11:02:03 PM »
There were some corrupted music files found
Explain.

Download HijackThis:
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis/download
Click on Download HijackThis Installer
Post HijackTHis log.

questor

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 03:28:48 PM »

Please help me figure out how to stop logging into a temporary profile so i can log into my own.
Just thought these links would be useful if you are still tracking this topic. The link addresses what happens when your profile log in gets renamed or changed. Hope it helps.

Windows cannot load your profile because it may be corrupted" error message when you try to log on to Windows XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318011/en-us

How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151/en-us

:)

PrettyDiva

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 04:52:53 PM »
 >:(  I CAN NOT LIVE WITH THIS TEMPOARAY PROFILE IM HAVING ON MY COMPUTER  ITS BOTHERING ME I MADE 2 NEW ACCOUNT THAT R HAVING A LITTLE TROUBLE MY COPMUTER IS SLOW AND IS GOING TO GET DAGAMED IF U DONT HELP ME HELP ME PLESE SRRY BOUT THE CAPS LOCK IM SCAREAMNIMG BUT IM REALLY NOT SCAREMING AT U MY SISTER CALLED MICROSOFT  AND i dont know what to do  ???   :'(  i was crying wen this happend wen this first happend my sister was fixing r caps lock then the next day wen the problem starded i told my sister and she thout the problem would go away i thout that to but it did not  :-[  :o whoever gave me that hijack program thank u very much  :o it is scanning now i am going to find out what the problem is today and fix it  :D all right bye  ;D

smeezekitty

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 05:41:28 PM »

OK then :O

Edited to remove unneccessary Quote.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 07:38:08 AM by patio »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 06:00:44 PM »
Well the Topic is 10 months old and you're screaming at us in All Caps...what do you want us to do from here ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

ThomasTheXPUser

Hopeful

• Remember me? :-)
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • ThomasTheXPUser
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 07:57:29 PM »
Well the Topic is 10 months old and you're screaming at us in All Caps...what do you want us to do from here ? ?

yup, and all those smileys are driving me nuts..LOL

BSOD image source : ToastyTech IE is evil page
Can't sleep! Clowns will eat me!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary code and those who do not.