Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Uncommon/Rare MS Office 2007 Error (PLEASE HELP)  (Read 3149 times)

Jibbs

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Uncommon/Rare MS Office 2007 Error (PLEASE HELP)
    « on: November 02, 2008, 01:51:52 AM »
    Okay Lol..It's the 3rd time I'm typing this.

A couple of weeks ago I installed MS Office 2007 on my laptop (Windows XP) and it was working fine up until a few days ago. Now, whenever I click on a Word file, the yellow box/square shows up showing that Word is opening and it disappears and then the SEND ERROR REPORT window shows up. Sometimes it even asks me if I want to open Word in safe mode and after I click YES it tries installing something, and then it says INSTALLER PERMENANTLY TERMINATED. I have a couple of screen shots if anybody is interested. I'm afraid these aren't the ones I'm talking about but I'm hoping it helps.

I've got a lot of assignments to do and saldy I left them all for Sunday and it's Sunday 3am right now. Could re-installing or reparing Office 2007 help? Does Office 2007 work proerly with Windows XP? Please help, I've got a lof assignments to do. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Here are the screen shots I was talking about:

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=74434326iy3.jpg
    http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=15761608rw1.jpg
    http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11085705yf3.jpg

(Oh and I know it's not a virus because Norton Antivirus detected nothing and I just re-installed Windows a month ago. I have nothing on my computer except for VLC Media Player, MSN, iTunes and some other programs...Everything's clean/safe. I don't even use Limewire anymore)

Please let me know if you need to know anything about my computer and I'll let you know. Thanks again guys. Oh and forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section of the forum; It's my first time on this website.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Uncommon/Rare MS Office 2007 Error (PLEASE HELP)
    « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 08:42:11 AM »
    As a troubleshooting step, disable Norton Anti-virus and see whether Word starts OK.

Do you have Service Pack 1 for Office 2007 installed?

Jibbs

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 03:06:40 PM »
      As a troubleshooting step, disable Norton Anti-virus and see whether Word starts OK.

Do you have Service Pack 1 for Office 2007 installed?

Nothing happened :S

http://img529.imageshack.us/my.php?image=68290765mv4.jpg
      http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=98895137xs8.jpg

My brother downloaded a file. I THINK it's the service pack. It's called office2007sp1-kb936982-fullfile-en-us

After the safe mode error, I tried opening it again and it asked me if I Want to Detect and Repair and I clicked YES and then it said something like misxc.exe SEND ERROR REPORT (I'm not sure if that was the correct file)
      I think it was miscx.exe or misxc.exe.

soybean

Genius
      « Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 09:43:49 PM »
      Did your computer prompt you to put your Office disk in a DVD/CD drive?  Do you have the Office disk?

Jibbs

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 10:00:00 PM »
        Did your computer prompt you to put your Office disk in a DVD/CD drive?  Do you have the Office disk?

No, it just said Installing............and then the error pops up.
        It doesn't ask me to insert the CD.
        And yes, I have the CD, but it's not with me right now. It's at my bro's place, but I can get if I need it to fix the problem.
        Thanks.

soybean

Genius
        « Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 07:59:53 AM »
        I'm inclined to think you should reinstall Office 2007.  Umm, BTW, did "bro" install that software on his computer, too?  And, that Office CD is a single user license?  :-\

If reinstalling Office does not resolve this, I suggest you start a new topic in the Computer viruses and spyware section of the forum, since you may have some malware in your computer that's causing this.  The experts in the Computer viruses and spyware section may want you to post a HijackThis log, but they'll advise you if you get to that point.