Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP Profesional install stops my usb mouse/keyboard working  (Read 3335 times)

jimmynash

Topic Starter

Starter

XP Profesional install stops my usb mouse/keyboard working
    « on: November 02, 2008, 10:49:44 AM »
    Hi guys, feeling desperate now...

I have been trying for 3 days to sort this problem but the Microsoft support site, Dell support site and all related web sites seem to know about the problem but have no answers as how to solve it!!!

The history is that my Dell Dimension 5150 got infected with XPspyware 2009 through my own stupid fault and i had to use Malwarebytes to remove it, all well and good but it wiped some programmes and my computer was runing slow, so i thought i would re-install windows from the installer file located in my windows folder ( dell didn't supply the disc with the computer! ) So i did that and now it has installed all the way until i get a conflict with "the human interface device is not recognized by windows signed...."

I have turned off the usb controller in Bios settings as Microsoft suggest but then it installs to the point of entering the date and time settings, and i cant move the pointer or press enter because the mouse and keyboard aren't working!!!!!!!

I am not bothered about backing up any files, i just need to know how to get the computer working again.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

James.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: XP Profesional install stops my usb mouse/keyboard working
    « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 11:21:22 AM »
    Get PS/2 mouse, and keyboard.

jimmynash

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 11:57:41 AM »
      Thanks for the idea but i dont have the ps/2 ports on the back of my computer, i only have 7 USB ports and my video card outputs.

Was wondering if there is the ability to format c: from the Bios so that i can bypass the windows install, and then do a fresh install with a friends windows disk? But if i could do all of that, will i still get the conflicts?

AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

James.

hiloed

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 12:27:37 PM »

Assuming your drivers are up to date. This may work, it did for me.

I have have experienced the same problem with my printers,mouse and keyboard working on USB ports but not my USB memory stick or card reader and I got exactly the same error message as yourself.
        I phoned my computer manufacturer's helpdesk and they told me I would have to re-format my hard disk and re-install Windows XP which I did only to find that the problem still existed.
        A friend of mine suggested not only closing down my computer,removing battery if a laptop but also switching it off at the mains socket or remove the plug. Seemingly this allows any residual current on the motherboard or any stray capacitance to discharge.
        Believe it or not it worked! I now have all my USB ports and devices working as I want them.
        Hope it works for you - it might be worth a try :-)

jimmynash

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 01:01:45 PM »
          Thanks for the advice.....,

i'll try that and come back to you with results...

James

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 02:40:29 PM »
          MalwareBytes does not remove any applications...
          No PS2 ports on the machine ? ?
          Who is it made by ?

You can borrow an XP CD of the same ver. and Service Pack# to do a re-install.
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

jimmynash

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 11:51:18 AM »
            Still cant get past the "Installing Windows" section of the install. I need to know how to do fresh install from Bios without going into the XP installation. I have an Xp cd so now need to know what to do,

Anyone out there PLEASE HELP!!! ???