Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Replaced 350W Antec Power Supply, Still Nothing -- Motherboard Fix?  (Read 2149 times)

Sonial

Recently my 350W Power Supply died on my HP Pav. Media m8370?  (Not sure, not near the PC atm.).   At least, that is what I had suspected from it's non-responsiveness.  I replaced the supply with an identical Antec Basiq 350W, hooked it up accordingly and the machine booted for about 3-5 seconds before turning off.  Afterwards, no response.   I removed the video/sound and memory cards, and tried again with a 500W Antec that a friend gave me; this time, no 3-5s boot; no response at all.   

I'm assuming this is a motherboard problem.  I am posting here to request some info on possible fixes.  My machine is about 2.8ghz, 2gb ram.  If it is a motherboard fix; around what will it cost me, and can I do the repair myself.   If it is something else, what, and how can I go about isolating the problem?

xavier

Re: Replaced 350W Antec Power Supply, Still Nothing -- Motherboard Fix?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 12:12:14 PM »
I would take it to a shop to find out the specific PBLM.