Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can anyone tell my why I am not able to upgrade my media player?  (Read 3155 times)

ninonet

Can anyone tell my why I am not able to upgrade my media player?
« on: November 04, 2008, 10:45:37 PM »
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with this? I have an HP Pavilion 061 PC098A-ABA M1070N and its running Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600).  All I wanna do is upgrade my Media Player to the new 11 and it won't happen. I receive the following message from the download attempt:

Unsupported Operating System. To install Windows Media Player 11, your computer must be running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 or later.
So I went to the Media Center Web Site and I can not find anything on how to upgrade Media Center so I can upgrade to Media Player 11. I have even spent a lot of time searching on-line for ANY info regarding upgrading from WMC 4 to WMC 5 and I swear I am coming up with nothing. Not even any help from Microsoft.

Can anyone help? I hope someone out there knows something about this? Oh by the way I also tried contacting HP about this and nothing. They insisted I had to take this up with Microsoft.

Thanks
NINO
 ???

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Can anyone tell my why I am not able to upgrade my media player?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 03:02:56 AM »
Which Media Center Edition are you running?  WMP11 cannot be installed on Media Center Edition 2002 or 2004.  I don't think you can update to Edition 2005, it requires a completely new Edition to be installed.

However, please read this..

One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.