Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows XP can't load because of blackout and crash  (Read 3902 times)

person93

Topic Starter

Rookie

Windows XP can't load because of blackout and crash
    « on: November 06, 2008, 08:24:12 AM »
    Please help me.... I had a computer Acer (AcerPower Series) and then something bad happen, my home was blackout and of course my computer malfunction and crash... since that, I realize that when I turn on my computer, its blank and do not load Windows XP properly (totally black), and can't through Windows XP safe mode. Then i thought the solve of this problem was put inside the Windows XP SP2's CD into the optical disk, then it say to click any key and I did it, but same thing was happen; totally black and don't see any word. As you know, the hardware are ok and good; the proof is I actually installed two OS, the first was Win XP and the second was Xubuntu (linux), and when I turn on my computer and it will be directly into MBR(grub) and I choose xubuntu and its work(can play games, surf internet, ect.), but the windows was the problem; it cant work properly.... So any advice to me?

.:.Here is my computer speculation:

-AcerPower Series
    -Pentium 4(1.8Ghz)
    -Ram(256)
    -HDD 60gb (40 Gb + 20 Gb)

thats all.... Please help me, I would not format my computer because it had a very important data :'(

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Windows XP can't load because of blackout and crash
    « Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 08:43:40 AM »
    Boot to the XP CD and at the first prompt press R to enter the Recovery Console...
    This will be a black command prompt screen.
    When you are sure it is finished loading at the prompt type in fixboot and hit Enter.
    Then type in fixmbr and hit Enter.
    Remove the XP CD and re-boot.
    Give it time to load fully and XP should start normally now.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

person93

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 09:42:58 PM »
      When I put my windows XP CD, the message appear "setup is inspecting your configuration" and then nothing.
      Please help me. The CD did not work properly even I use another CD .... :'(

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 08:09:29 AM »
      Are these both Microsoft XP CD's ? ?

person93

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 08:29:54 AM »
        Yes these both are windows xp cd. (oem and pirate)

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 09:04:34 AM »
        An OEM needs to match the machine identically......is it for this machine ?
        WARNING : ! An OEM CD will wipe all your data and programs and take the machine back to Day One status.
        As you stated you don't want to format this is NOT what you should be trying.
        Look into getting one of these:

2.5" laptop to IDE connector...about 8 Bucks at any PC shop.
        Then you can remove the laptop drive and hook it up to any working Desktop machine and copy/burn your Data before going any further. Otherwise you stand to lose it all...

person93

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 10:15:13 AM »
          Thanks to patio to help me but, my friend took my computer to repair. So, I close this case and thanks 4 help me...... ;D

here the answer for the question :

-->The OEM is not for this machine, but I used 4 try cd rescue......

-->2.5" laptop to IDE connector... Do you want me to copy the partition of windows and  burn to another hdd just like cd and .iso... ???

I thing, the problems is my computer is not shutdown properly and it can't load windows. Actually, before my computer crash I was installed a new driver for VGA and than blackout (the installation is not complete 93%).... After a minute, the power comes back and I turn on my computer, then i realized my screen resolution is not same as before(bad things to look at). then, it hang(crash) and I reboot, after a minute I was try to fix this problem by SAFE MODE Windows and try to remove the driver... and then something bad happen, the blackout happen again... SOB SOB :'(.
          After couple hour I turn on my computer, then it can,t load windows... that was an amazing >:(, good >:(, surprise :'(, and ??????? :'(... huh....... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(