Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't access taskman, regedit, or symantec website.  (Read 4627 times)

pleasehelpmypc

Can't access taskman, regedit, or symantec website.
« on: November 06, 2008, 05:46:37 PM »
Hello,
Two days ago I attempted to run task manager and got the error message: Task Manager has been disabled by the administrator. And when i tried to solve this problem on the internet, I found registry editor was also disabled with a similar message. I've been trying to run the software on the symantec website that addresses these problems specifically, but I apparently can't open the website.

I have been using Mozilla but am now on google chrome. I have Webroot SpySweeper, and when I run a sweep of the computer it comes up with nothing. About two weeks ago I deleted a trojan from my computer with spy sweeper. My computer does not seem to be slow or affected other than I can't access task manager/reg edit, and I none of the usual methods listed have worked (there are usually three or four methods listed on websites to re-enable task manager and reg edit).

Please help! I'd like to avoid reformatting but I'll do it if thats my only option. Thanks in advance. - NS

iamtonsoffun247

Apprentice

Re: Can't access taskman, regedit, or symantec website.
    « Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 09:03:14 PM »
    Welcome :)

Please read the instructions here, and post the 3 logs that are asked for in this topic.  Reformatting is the LAST option.  We will try to keep it so you dont have to do that!
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html