Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How can you change the size of the forward and back buttons on Windows Explorer?  (Read 5050 times)

TheFinalSon

Topic Starter

Starter

How can you change the size of the forward and back buttons on Windows Explorer for Vista? I know that to change it for Internet Explorer, you have to go to the toolbar that has 'File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, Help', on it, right-click on that, and then choose "Use Large Icons". But when you go to try to do that same thing with Windows Explorer, the only things on the little menu that come up are 'Google' and 'Lock the Toolbars'. How can you get that same 'Use Large Icons' thing to come up in Windows Explorer as in Internet Explorer? Thank you so much for the time and effort of anyone who might be so kind as to try to help me with this very vexing problem.

Kip

Apprentice

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    In XP, you click on "View", "Toolbars", "Customize...".  In the window that opens, you can choose "Large icons" from a drop-down menu.

It might be different in Vista but it is worth a try.
    Happiness is not getting what you want, it is wanting what you get.

TheFinalSon

Topic Starter

Starter

Thanks, Kip. Unfortunately, when I just tried that, going to View and then Toolbars, again, the only two options that came up were Google and Lock the Toolbars. :-( Does anyone who uses Vista know this?

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      I've searched but found no setting in Vista to change the size of those buttons. You might want to try this third-party icon editor: http://www.rw-designer.com/vista-icon-editor.  I haven't used it, so I don't know exactly what it will do. 

TheFinalSon

Topic Starter

Starter

Hmm, so there's no way to normally change it just within the normal options of the system itself? Mmmm....ok. That's just odd, because I could have sworn it used to be that way (Large Icons on Windows Explorer) before my computer got hit by lightning and I brought it in to be repaired and then after they fixed it, the system was set back to defaults and everything was all different from the ways I had it adjusted to be, the way I was used to it and the way I wanted it.
        « Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 03:40:21 PM by TheFinalSon »

TheFinalSon

Topic Starter

Starter

Bump.