Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: no beep,no display, no reaction  (Read 5311 times)

ehye

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

no beep,no display, no reaction
    « on: November 13, 2008, 10:31:26 PM »
    Hi! Thank you for reading my post problem, I hope all of u can help me for my problem,
    thank you so much for helping me regarding to my problem about my computer

I was using my computer last night then suddenly my monitor was turnoff automatically,
    but my CPU was still on status.
    Then I try to hard boot it by pressing the power on, after pressing the power on for a couple of seconds my computer was turn off.
    When I try to turn on my CPU, my CPU has no beep and my monitor has no display,
    the LED in my CPU is on the RED light and my monitor LED is in the Green light
    I already change my power supply, RAM, Hard disk, Monitor and still there is no changes.
    I’m using a motherboard P4M800-MV2, 0 (ECS – 15, Q22-012001) and also I am using a built in Video card for the motherboard. 
    Those are the things I’ve done to check what my CPU problem is

Thank you so much!

joefido

Beginner
      Re: no beep,no display, no reaction
      « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 10:47:53 PM »
      Have you checked your power save settings? What OS do you have?

ehye

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 10:51:55 PM »
        im sorry where/how can i see the power save settings? :(
        im using Windows XP Prof.

JJ 3000

Egghead
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 11:08:12 PM »

I was using my computer last night then suddenly my monitor was turnoff automatically,

I already change my power supply, RAM, Hard disk, Monitor and still there is no changes.
        I’m using a motherboard P4M800-MV2, 0 (ECS – 15, Q22-012001) and also I am using a built in Video card for the motherboard. 

Have you tried to install a video card? If the onboard video chip is shot, then plugging in a video card should resolve your issue. I looked that board up and it has a pci slot.
        http://www.fixya.com/support/p569214-ecs_rs400_v1_0_motherboard

Also, when you switched out monitors, did you use the same cables from the old one?
        Save a Life!
        Adopt a homeless pet.
        http://www.petfinder.com/

ehye

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 11:23:07 PM »
          sir, i already install the video card, but it is still the same! :(

i get the same monitor that i used to, but still not working :(

joefido

Beginner
            « Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 11:58:06 PM »
            ..after reading your post again I see that the monitor doesn't come on after a re-boot, so that is "not" the power saving settings. Does the computer boot even though no Monitor or does the computer not boot now? btw, if you hold the power button in for a few seconds it is normal for the computer to shut down.

ehye

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 12:13:39 AM »
              actually it is not Boot now..

only the fan in Processor and LED is my sign that the CPU is Turn ON! :(

joefido

Beginner
                « Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 12:33:31 AM »
                I see that you have changed the PSU and the MoBo, but this points to a possible PSU problem. You might test the PSU to start with. I've installed new PSU's and had them go bad right away, so, it's not unusual for that to happen. The fact that the monitor just shut off after it had been working seems to indicate a hardware problem. Try unplugging monitor and see if the computer boots. If not, try removing the Video card and see if the computer boots. Be sure the computer is off and unplugged and that your grounded b4 you work on the inside and be very careful not to cause any ESD (static electricity) while your working on it.

ehye

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 01:42:36 AM »
                  sir, im so sorry to tell you but i did not change the mobo.. i only change the PSU.
                  based to my observation sir, even i already change the PSU it still the same no display, no boot, no beep sound and no reaction! i already sad right now for what happen to my Computer. i already replace my video card and still the same, and i already unplug my monitor and test it but still "no display, no boot, no beep sound" only the fan and the LED remainds me that the CPU is turn On! :'(

patio

• Genius
                  • Maud' Dib
                    • Yes
                  • Experience: Beginner
                  « Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 09:01:25 AM »
                  Try the monitor on another machine first and we'll go from there...
                  " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "