Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help me, account types.  (Read 2579 times)

jamdestroyer

Topic Starter

Starter

Help me, account types.
    « on: November 09, 2008, 07:59:06 PM »
    I need help please, okay this is what happened, i was trying to change my administrator account back because some of the people who use it besides me thought it would be funny to demote me with a little program or whatever..idk how they did it but oh well. anyway i just used pcloginnow from www.pcloginnow.com to change my account back to administrator privilages, well, i used it, and changed one of the accounts to administrative privilages, but i accidently chose the account i let other people use thats supposed to be a user, so i go notice it has administrative rights after a while and im like oh crap so i try to get rid of the administrative rights but it keeps saying "error, specified account name is not a member of the local group" when i try to remove them from the administrative group in local users and groups, and i've already tried to do it in safe mode and it wont even let me go to the tab in safe mode....oh yeah i forgot to mention pcloginnow changes a user account to administrator, but it wont let you change an administrator account back to a user....please help.

lostcoast

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Help me, account types.
    « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »
    oh my the webs we weave...slippery slope aint it...maybe contact the company who makes the program and ask them.
    I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

jamdestroyer

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 03:19:42 PM »
      i've tried that, but there contact button only sends me back to the page i was just at. i was thinking a programmer could create a patch for it to where it didnt grey out the box.

mcxeb52!

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 04:23:02 PM »
      well assuming this is windows OS we're talking about, you just log into windows and get the 'administrator account' you want to change and change it to user account?

And assuming that your pcloginnow software has restored your main account to administrator privilege?

jamdestroyer

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 06:14:38 PM »
        yes i've tried to change it from that account but it did the same thing