Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Boot email notice  (Read 2626 times)

Zigeris

Topic Starter

Boot email notice
    « on: November 15, 2008, 04:44:57 AM »
    Hi i'm a new to Computer Hope, I have a question for security purposes.

My questions are:

1.) Is there a way to have my computer to send a email to my cell  when it boots or during the login process?

2.) can a batch file be set to operate during boot? as like System.INI

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
    Re: Boot email notice
    « Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 05:50:16 AM »
    Is there a way to have my computer to send a email to my cell  when it boots or during the login process?

Sure! You can find command line programs on the net like blat or you can develop your own in one of the Windows Script languages. In either case, put a program shortcut in your startup folder. Program will run on every startup.

can a batch file be set to operate during boot? as like System.INI

Same as above. Put a shortcut of your batch file in the startup folder. FYI: batch files require the command shell to run. Note: the system.ini file is not executable. It contains parameters and settings for other programs to use.

8)

The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

Zigeris

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 07:18:49 AM »
      Okay thank you for the software referral but i have one issue when i click to begin the programs operations it shows the cmd box but quickly closes, other Dos files do this to me as well, not all but some.

Dias de verano

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 07:39:45 AM »
      start batch files from a command box, then you will see any error messages.