Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video Card probs  (Read 2538 times)

Thomas Lumpkin

Video Card probs
« on: April 27, 2004, 08:19:19 PM »
Alright, well I have an ati radeon 8500le (128) in my computer. I have had it for about 2 years with no problems at all. Recently my computer's motherboard, processor, and ram somehow got fried. I took it to a pc repair shop and the guy replaced everything but gave me the bag with all the old parts in it. He put in a cheap geforce2mx because he said my video card was fried. I refused to believe this and tried the video card on a seperate pc. It seemed to work perfectly, but when i put it in my pc I saw lines running down the screen and a gray box with lines running through it around the mouse. Before I gave up i decided to download the ati unistall program and uninstall every ati program from my hard drive. I then reinstalled the original driver from off of the disk that came with the video card. Boom it worked. I then updated the driver and the problem came back. I rolled back the driver and decided to stick with the older driver. One problem, its not compatible with windows xp. After about an hour or two on the computer it locks up and when i restart it says it was caused by the display driver. Is it possible that the newer drivers are not compatible with my motherboard? This really sucks someone please help me.

MetalMilitia

Re: Video Card probs
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 10:29:32 AM »
To be honest you are probably better off with a Geforce 2 MX,   i expect the performance is similiar if not higher then the radeon and the drivers are alot less hassle. Mabey some obscure ATI driver for a few releases back might work but it may take some time to find it.
good luck.