Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i'd really love some help  (Read 2140 times)

Raonin

Topic Starter

i'd really love some help
    « on: November 24, 2008, 08:17:39 PM »
    ok, so i have windows XP, runs fine, does everything it's supposed to, but when i try to watch streamed videos on youtube or w/e it never shows a video, just a white space where the box should be.

i tried some of the methods i found on this site to fix the problem, i updated flash player, fiddled with the custom security settings to try and make sure nothing was in it's way

idk what's up, i use IE7 i believe, but no other browser will work either. anyone know what to do?

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: i'd really love some help
    « Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 09:06:31 PM »
    Does this happen to every video? Or does it sometimes work?

Choose any Youtube video, open it, and hold down CTRL+F5 for a few seconds. Wait, work? Try again. If on the second try, nothing happens, we can rule IE7's crazy Flash management out.

Raonin

Topic Starter

Re: i'd really love some help
      « Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 09:55:14 PM »
      i tried the CTRL F5 thing, nothing happened but a really long refresh time. also the box for the video seemed larger. but that's just me.

it happens when ever i open a page the streams video. myspace can't disply certain ads either. kind of thankful for that though..... lol