Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Camera Clicks?!  (Read 3853 times)

Ray Saito

Camera Clicks?!
« on: March 30, 2005, 12:44:21 AM »
Ok, so I'm relatively self sufficient with computers, and I solve most problems myself, but this one's got me totally stumped.  I also consulted some of my computer-buff friends, but they were all left clueless as well.  Well, here's the problem - my computer spontaneously (Usually several hours after boot) starts making these odd clicking noises that oddly resemble a camera click...  These clicks continue until I reboot the computer... Then, it spontaneously starts again - the cycle continues.  I was wondering if anybody can help me with this problem...  If it helps, here's some basic information about my computer -
P4 2.4GHz, 512MB RAM, XP Pro SP2, on 802.11b network, use CA EZ Armor antivirus/firewall.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Camera Clicks?!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 05:59:29 AM »
Try this... Unplug ALL wires going to your computer... Next, open the case over a TILE floor on a table (usually the case is held by crews or clips) ... Next, ground the electricity from your body by touching the inner metal frame of your computer... Next, look at your computer's fan, and make sure that it is not only clean, but that nothing is stuck inside, which is making this "clicking" noise... (a wire, etc.)  Keep in touch...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Ray Saito

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 11:13:44 AM »
Oh, sorry for being a bit unclear on this.  The clicking sound is coming from my speakers, not the compuer itself.  It happens whether I have music running or not, so it's not that my sound is lagging....

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 12:38:57 PM »
Oh. I see.... Have you tried downloading/installing the latest drivers for your sound card by going to your sound card manufacturer's website? Also, which operating system is this?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Computer_Commando

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 01:28:14 PM »
All my computers make that sound.  It's the start.wav file.  Happens when navigating web pages.  Look in Control Panel--Sounds and Multimedia.  Scroll down to Windows Explorer--Start Navigation.  Play the sound.  Is that what you hear?

Ray Saito

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 05:40:55 PM »
Yup, I already have the latest drivers...  And nope, it's not "start.wav"...  It's like, 10x as loud, and it's a bit longer.

And this is XP Pro SP2...  Already said that above, lol

riccbhard

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 03:57:42 PM »
Are the speakers USB powered? I've had this problem with Altec Lansing speakers that are USB powered. It seems to be something with the computers USB bus. Any speakers not USB powered worked without the loud clicking/buzzing.

Ray Saito

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 09:40:35 PM »
Well, first off....  My speakers are indeed Altec Lansing, but they aren't USB powered.  It's the Altec Lansing Series100...  It's just an AC powered speaker set with a subwoofer and such - the problem hasn't happened for the last few days, so I'm assuming it's gone now (Crosses fingers)...