Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: unable to access some web pages  (Read 3288 times)

funnybunny

unable to access some web pages
« on: March 30, 2005, 09:18:54 AM »
I am having trouble accessing some websites i previously had no problems with, particularly ones that involve loging in, or have a message board i use.  I have a broadband /DSL cables connection, and have tried everything i can think of to solve the problem- reinstalling connection software, using firefox, running adaware and spybot, system restore, changing user accounts but nothign makes any difference.  when trying to get on these sites i either get a message saying the servers bandwidth has reached its limit (but on another computer is able to access it fine) or when trying to get on the message board its not been updated and won't let me see any postings saying it is unable to open the .cat.  again this is fine on another computer.  most sites work fine.  any sugesstions welcomed!

Reston

Re: unable to access some web pages
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 08:39:37 AM »
funnybunny,

I don't have the answer, just another question.  Did you recently convert to dsl?  I'm having the same problem.  After switching from dial-up to dsl, I no longer can access ebay, msn and several other websites.  I can't fin the solution, either.

Reston

Computer_Commando

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 01:18:24 PM »
Since you switched, your public IP address has changed.  Try deleting all cookies and internet temporary files.  Under IE6--Tools--Internet Options.

Lisa Marie Angel

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 07:48:27 AM »
I have the same problem she does, and i deleted my temp internet files and my cookies but it still didn't help

Reston

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 03:10:19 PM »
Lisa,

Let me know if you find a solution.  I've been trying for several months.  SBC claims it's the computers, computer techs blame it on SBC...

Roger