Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I have an AMD X2 6000, but I'm not seeing two graphs in the cpu usage tab  (Read 2324 times)

retinchet

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Hello everybody

I have an AMD X2 6000, but I'm not seeing two graphs in the cpu usage tab. I started to notice a big drop off in performance and I knew it couldn't be viruses, because I know my pc is clean. Could a core have died or gone bad somehow? I have Windows XP Pro and 3 gigs of ram on a Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H mobo.  I just don't know what the problem is. I'm really starting to miss the blazing performance. Please help me.  Thanks for your help.

Eppinizer

Rookie

Re: I have an AMD X2 6000, but I'm not seeing two graphs in the cpu usage tab
      « Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 07:23:22 PM »
      Do you have the task manager set to "one graph for all cpus" instead of "one graph per cpu"?

You can find that option under computer history.

retinchet

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 07:27:42 PM »
        Yes, it is set at one graph per cpu.  My performance is suffering big time and it seems like i'm running on 1 processor. Also, I went under boot.ini to see if i Could boot up with 2 cores, and it shows only 1. What can the problem be?

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 07:31:27 PM »
        Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager...
        How is it showing up there ? ?
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

retinchet

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 07:32:54 PM »
          Yes, it shows it as an ACPI multi processor PC. I also checked for processor updates and there are none.

retinchet

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 07:52:42 PM »
            NVM, I solved the problem !!!!!! I just needed to set the boot.ini to default. Thank you all for trying to help.

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 07:54:29 PM »
            Then there's nothing to lose sleep over.
            If it is running slower than usual do all your normal housekeeping: disk cleanup; defrag; all malware scans etc.
            Check the free space on your drive and double check device manager for any yellow !!'s.
            Let us know...
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

retinchet

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 08:43:35 AM »
              The speed is back, it's blazing fast. I haven't had any viruses or spyware for over 2 years, since I first installed Kaspersky antivirus, so I knew malware wasn't the problem.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
              • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
                • Yes
                • Yes
                • BC-Programming.com
              • Certifications: List
              • Computer: Specs
              « Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 11:04:54 AM »
              I went under boot.ini to see if i Could boot up with 2 cores, and it shows only 1. What can the problem be?

That was the problem. boot.ini was forcing an affinity on the entire machine.
              I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.