Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Macromedia Flash Player 6  (Read 4146 times)

silkie

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Macromedia Flash Player 6
    « on: November 21, 2008, 04:31:26 AM »
    Several times recently I have had a window appear -

"Macromedia Flash Player 6
    A script in this movie is causing Macromedia Flash Player 6 to run slowly.  If it continues to run your  computer may become unresponsive.  Do you want to abort the script?"

I know that Macromedia is part of Adobe and I have Adobe 9 reader installed. Would that somehow have something to do with it?  I cannot find Macromedia listed anywhere in Control Panel - Programs & Features and am not sure what to do.  I never use Adobe and have Foxit Reader 2.3 also installed.  Would it be a good idea to just uninstall all Adobe programs?

I have recently got a new PC with Windows Vista OS and am not yet very familier with the new system.

Advice appreciated.   

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Macromedia Flash Player 6
    « Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 10:11:54 AM »
    I'm wondering why you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed if you never use Adobe Reader.  Anyway, I believe there's no connection between Adobe Reader and Macromedia Flash Player.  Still, if you never use Adobe Reader, I think I'd uninstall it. And then, run CCleaner (get the Slim version at http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds).

Perhaps you should download Macromedia Flash Player 8

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 10:47:51 AM »
    And Foxit Reader... ;)
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

silkie

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 05:46:58 PM »
      Thanks for suggestions, soybean.

To be perfectly honest, I've wondered why I have Adobe Reader -  it was installed ages ago and I changed to Foxit after some problem ( I think that involved Macromedia somehow).  Anyhow, it's now uninstalled and I have downloaded Macromedia Flash Player 8, as you suggest. I have CCleaner.

I still can't find Macromedia listed in Programs and Features. or anywhere else.