Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: printer/router  (Read 4813 times)

T-Bird

printer/router
« on: March 30, 2005, 04:55:45 PM »
I have a Win XP on a Gateway laptop, connected to a HP 1315 with USB cable. The computer seems to save jobs until the O/S is shut off/on, and then I get what ever print spoolers have saved from when ever. I am hooked up to a router/through wireless link. The main computer is a gateway Win 98 w/Epson USB to computer, and Ethernet to DSL modem, also hooked to router. After manuel setup by ISP, printer functions are lost, except as noted. Scanner/printer for Win 98 have no function, and I have uninstalled/installed every driver available from Gateway, HP, and Windows. Excess of six hours with HP, India. Telephone trouble shoot, couple of hours with ISP levelII,(now they want to come out to the house @ 60.00hr). Gateway says not their problem. As an aside, I took the DSL speed test, and speed does not enter the picture. Moderate at best, and I would have rated it lower. They were too kind. As soon as the lake thaws I may have a new speed test for these high tech wonders, but not sure what size fly rod to use.