Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with my wireless usb adapter....  (Read 6467 times)

Xafo

Need help with my wireless usb adapter....
« on: November 21, 2008, 01:17:36 PM »
well first of all ive got to say im a begginer on computers xD

my problem is that om my desktop PC (windows XP SP2) i have a wireless adapter(Nexxt Solutions: Wireless G 54M USB adapter)[link to adapter pic http://www.newtekuy.com/catalog/images/nexxt_nw230nxt16.jpg]which normally after loggon connects to my linksys (router) but yesterday i let my cousin use the computer and  the next day the wireless adapter didnt turn on on the computer and the sign didnt appear.
i thought it was disabled so i went to network mconnections and my connection wasnt there (the adapters light used to be on,now its not) and tryed to add a new wireless connection but the computer doesnt find the adapter (which is connected) this adapter installs itself when connected so it didnt have an installation CD when i bought it(from store).
its not the adapter since i just used it on my laptop and its not the USB port since i connected my camera to it
 :-\

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Need help with my wireless usb adapter....
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 08:58:06 PM »
Have you tried restarting the computer with the wireless device already in the computer?
Can you also try another USB port?

Any recent changes in the computer? (downloads/installs/hardware changes/ect....)