Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Toshiba M45 S359 lcd problem  (Read 2390 times)

shsharifm

Toshiba M45 S359 lcd problem
« on: November 22, 2008, 04:27:29 AM »
In the last few days, I have a problem with the lcd monitor of my Toshiba M45 S359 laptop. When I turn on the computer, most of the times I get a screen that looks a lot like the one in the picture that I enclose (I haqve done it in paint). The bottom half of the screen is black at first and then starts to get gray. I think the backlight works because I can see it. The upper part of the screen is perfectly ok. The last visible line seems to be repeated in shadow in the lower part of the screen. Sometimes, if I keep the lcd on for ten minutes or more, it starts to work perfectly again and nothing will happen during the time it is on. We tried to connect an external monitor and it was working perfectly.  ??? ??? I am a poor student and have no money to buy a new laptop again :'(

[Saving space - attachment deleted by admin]

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Toshiba M45 S359 lcd problem
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 02:32:17 AM »
I think you might need to reinstall your Video Card Drivers.

Go to your computer's manufacturer website and download the drivers.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Toshiba M45 S359 lcd problem
    « Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 07:40:49 AM »
    Do what Carbon suggests.  If that doesn't work then you've probably got a screen that is going bad, that or the chip on the motherboard.  If either it will cost $$$ :-[ to repair.  Best suggestion is if you don't need the laptop to be mobile just use the external monitor.

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!