Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: GHOST MOUSE  (Read 3980 times)

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Don't feel bad...I'm lost too.
    GHOST MOUSE
    « on: November 24, 2008, 07:48:09 PM »
    I don't really know what this is so I don't know where to place this question. Would someone please tell me what this is and because I read in a post about it doing damage to your machine, how dangerous it is to a computer or not?

Thanks btw, for those who were helping me with the "Avatar", thanks, I got it worked out, and the avatar is up. If I can I'll link you below...I think it's pretty good.

http://www.alloy.com/profile/maxie2go/

http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user

I guess one of those may work.

Anyway, thanks guys.

So tell me about the Ghost Mouse, please...
    If you say, "I can", you're right. If you say, "I can't", you're also right.

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: GHOST MOUSE
    « Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 11:42:29 PM »
    If this is the Ghost Mouse you are looking for you can do some reading...

http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=ghost+mouse&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 01:23:13 AM »
      In all honesty, I posted becase i wanted the people here to give me their opinions of what this is and what it does and every other aspect of the ghost mouse. If all you can do is offer me what I have read or scanned already I wait for someone who ismore readily disposed to answering the questions of those who post here.

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
      « Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 01:37:18 AM »
      Fair enough, but you may have to wait a while for someone who uses Ghost Mouse to respond, or do you expect members to do a lot of reading in order to advise you?

Whatever - good luck.
      One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        « Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 06:07:49 AM »
        No! I'm prepared to do some waiting as always when I post in here. What I'm not prepared for, is someone who is flippant when responding to a legitimate query. I would suppose that many posters come here looking for clarification on things they have read or heard about, or heaven's frbid, tried and failed at. If all you can do is refer them right back to something they've read or heard, why bother posting. It's insulting.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        « Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 07:13:43 AM »
        No! I'm prepared to do some waiting as always when I post in here. What I'm not prepared for, is someone who is flippant when responding to a legitimate query. I would suppose that many posters come here looking for clarification on things they have read or heard about, or heaven's frbid, tried and failed at. If all you can do is refer them right back to something they've read or heard, why bother posting. It's insulting.

It's a Program that uses the Computer-Based-Training (CBT) hooks provided by windows to perform recording and playback of mouse functions. (This is a duplication of Windows 3.1 recorder app... whatever happened to that anyway...)

In any case- you ask what damage it could do. That a fairly broad question, but, unforeseen program bugs notwithstanding, the worst that can happen depends- if the screen resolution is different from when it was recorded, for example, the wrong items could be clicked, possibly even deleted, depending on the behaviour of the recorded mouse movements.

My opinion- there are far too many products like this out there, and many of this record keyboard strokes as well (maybe this one does, but it's name seems to imply otherwise). IMO, the most useful of them all was the windows 3.1 recorder, but unfortunately Microsoft decided not to reprogram a 32-bit version of the program.

A quick 10 minutes and I was able to glean this- wether it is what you were looking for, who knows.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
          « Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 07:37:32 AM »
          It  may well be, however, as I am still not computer savvy, I have no idea what you said. I'm asking what this is because I read that people who use it are cheaters because it casts votes online.

So I was wondering is this an accepted program???  Do you need to be at the computer when it is in use? Does the computer need to be on while it works? Can you use your actual mouse while this Ghost Mouse is in service? Things like that...

According to your opinion, if you were to recommend one of this programs what would it be? Then what is the maximum damage it could do if other than already expressed.

Thank you for replying.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          « Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 08:18:14 AM »
          Ahh, I see- so it could be a trojan?

Well then- I'd use another one- I don't use them myself, and all I could come up with in a search was shareware/paid...

If you believe that is does this- then you shouldn't use it. Where did you hear about it casting votes online?

If a program is infected with a trojan, it can do any amount of damage- I was providing a opinion on what kind of damage it would do if it wasn't maliciously programmed.

It's possible that those that claim it voted online actually downloaded an infected copy of the application. If you're going to use this program, acquire it from a reputable download source, like snapfiles.com.
          I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
            « Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 10:20:37 AM »
            Lol..no, no, no, no, no...I'm not going to use it. I simply wanted to know it's capability. And because of who is involved I'd rather tell you privately, then you can discern your response as privetely given or public.

Umm...I just thought of something, of course not knowing what this device is or its capabilities, I was wondering, is it possible this can be used with a cell phone to cast votes?
            « Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 10:38:02 AM by casse2go »