Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My maps don't show up!  (Read 2188 times)

kelmore

Topic Starter

My maps don't show up!
    « on: November 28, 2008, 09:23:45 PM »
    Hello.  I have a Compaq Presario C751NR Notebook that came loaded with Vista, and I "downgraded" it to Windows XP.  Supposedly the machine was not made for XP, and HP lets me know that whenever I write them with an issue (although they have been very helpful).  I had many issues during this downgrade, but resolved most of them.  My only remaining issue is:  none of my maps show up, like on Mapquest and Yahoo maps.  I have used IE, Firefox, and Opera with the same issue.  I reinstalled the chipset drivers and display drivers which they suggested, but that didn't solve the problem.  Maybe there is just have a setting or something that I'm overlooking?    :-\  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!
    P.S. I just went to You Tube, and instead of a video I get the message "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player.", even though I just installed Flash Player and I have Java enabled.  Could this be related?
    « Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 11:25:43 PM by kelmore »

Dias de verano

Re: My maps don't show up!
    « Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 12:45:43 AM »
    Could this be related?

Yes!

Have you got a pop up blocker or anti spyware app running? Try disabling it.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 12:50:30 AM »
    What browser?

kelmore

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 09:02:31 AM »
      I tried disabling my entire security briefly (very briefly!) and I have no other ad blockers or pop up blockers.  It happens with all browsers: IE, Firefox, and Opera.  I also went to sites that I know use Flash and they work fine, and a site that I know I need Javascript enabled, and it works fine as well.