Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error loading power prof.dll  (Read 3820 times)

clemkonan

Error loading power prof.dll
« on: April 01, 2005, 06:29:50 PM »
My system boots,  displays the Windows ME screen and then gives me this error message, " error loading powerprof.dll, one of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found.
Orginally it was a SUWIN.dll error  but I continued trying to fix it.  My system has been down for 4 weeks.

I do not want to erase the HD because I need the data.

Can I fix this problem

Thanks

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
Re: Error loading power prof.dll
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 06:40:43 PM »
The easiest way to replace the file would be to use the system file checker:

sfc /scannow

Run SFC from the command line. If you can't get into your system, try safe mode. You will need your ME disk.

Hope this helps.  8)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 06:41:52 PM by Sidewinder »
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

Redeyes_Gambit

Re: Error loading power prof.dll
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 03:39:09 PM »
this might not work but i figured I'd suggest it.

if you can get into safe mode then once there, hit the start button, go to "run" (might be somewhere diffferant on ME, I'm currently using 98se) then type "msconfig" (without quotes ofcourse) that should load up a box thats titled "system configuration utility" go to the tab labled "startup" and uncheck the box labled "load power profile", hit apply and then ok. It will ask you if you want to restart your computer yada yada yada, hit OK and it should restart. OR hit no and then restart manualy (manualy is what I do, simply because I've had problems with those restart boxes in the past) you should then HOPEFULLY get into windows normaly! Please note that this is just a work-around and won't actualy fix the heart of the problem, and so I suggest that you get whatever data you need off and then put on a new operating system (preferably not ME cause its probly the worst operating system on the face of the earth, lol trust me I have first hand experiance.) XP works fantastic so long as you have a decent amount of RAM and a fair graphics card.

Hope this Helps! Signed,
Red
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 03:41:03 PM by Redeyes_Gambit »