Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: old win95/98 games  (Read 5474 times)

Denny

old win95/98 games
« on: January 18, 2005, 05:37:27 PM »
I was wondering if anyone can help me out on this.when I try to play some of my old win 95/98 games (Fallout 1 & 2 Etc.) on win xp, the color seems to mess up.it's not clear and the colors are pink, purple.do I need to do something with my video card?any help on this would be great,I'm a novice when it comes to hardware troubleshooting.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: old win95/98 games
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 01:20:35 PM »
They probably aren't compatible... Read the requirements...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Corrosive

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 02:32:58 PM »
You might get them to work properly in Compatibility Mode, but don't hold your breath.

axe2grind

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 03:02:15 PM »
Might be a DirectX or video card driver issue.....a lot of my older games don't run in XP (even in compatability mode)...some don't play nice due to my video card drivers.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 06:36:55 PM »
Even if.... Why would you want to play old games like that on a new computer, when you can just get the updated version with better graphics, etc.? Just a questions from my own curiosity...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Denny

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 09:26:58 PM »
Well, I did'nt know there were updates for the fallout games. And they are really fun and cool games if your into the action/rpg type.Black Isle Studios had a great run on games for awhile(Baldaurs Gate,Fallout series,Icewind Dale,etc.)But anyway, someone had posted in another topic about how they worked fine in xp and even better then the 95/98 version that they were made for.Plus at times,my moniter will restart itself and i'll get this error message that my video card quit taking commands or something to that effect and if i want to send an error report.So thats why i thought it was my video card,but its a pretty new card and not cheap.

viking

Adviser
  • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
    « Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 05:05:26 AM »
    I have seen such type of error (video card quit taking commands, I don't remember the actual error message), and it was from the drivers of video card (I installed an Ati Radeon 9200 and after that started the problems).
    We thought it was a faulty video card, but at the store, they reinstalled the drivers and solved the problem; of course, they found the solution by trying other options when they installed the drivers.
    « Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 05:06:22 AM by viking »

jfritzyb

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 08:02:44 AM »
    Hey....Does ANYBODY remember a game named Diggory?

I think that it was put on those old MS-DOS 4.0 computers...am unsure.

Anyways, this game had you being some sort of "animal" swimming underwater--eating grubs represented by a bubble with a tiny dot in the middle...
    IF you didn't eat the grubs, than they would morphe into tadpoles....

--JFB