Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows XP Service Pack 3  (Read 4481 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Windows XP Service Pack 3
    « on: December 01, 2008, 10:44:15 AM »
    Hass there been any new word on it?  i heard after so long it will just install with the other updates acourding to my dad.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

michaewlewis

Intermediate
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows XP Service Pack 3
    « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 02:58:44 PM »
    You mean you haven't installed sp3 yet!?!?!? :o

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 03:04:00 PM »
      from what I was told last it still had issues
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 03:07:16 PM »
      It doesn't.
      They've been fixed.
      However Click Here
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Dribbling Pensioner
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 03:27:10 PM »
      i have it 3 months and its fine

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 03:36:52 PM »
        seems to be some small issues then.  Had trouble with one of the machines at my dads work place but if its safe to use then.

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Dribbling Pensioner
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 04:27:41 PM »
        YES SEEMS FINE AND SAFE , BUT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN TAKE IT OUT AND IT WILL GO BACK TO SERVICE PACK 2

GO TO WERE PATIO SAID AND READ WHAT THEY SAY

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 04:36:52 PM »
          I'll look at it probably tommorow updateing an stuff at the moment.

michaewlewis

Intermediate
            • Yes
            • Yes
          « Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 09:44:03 AM »
          YES SEEMS FINE AND SAFE , BUT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN TAKE IT OUT AND IT WILL GO BACK TO SERVICE PACK 2

GO TO WERE PATIO SAID AND READ WHAT THEY SAY

Don't do that! You never want to downgrade a service pack. It's much safer to just do a clean install.... Believe me on this one, I've tried it. :P After uninstalling SP3 on one of my servers, I couldn't install any new software.

I've been running SP3 since the beginning. I installed it a week after it was released and haven't had any problems. Just about 2 months ago, I installed it on the control systems PCs at work and haven't had any problems.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 10:37:21 AM »
            so its stable for the most part.

michaewlewis

Intermediate
              • Yes
              • Yes
            « Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 10:41:53 AM »
            No, not for the most part..... It is stable..... Did you install it yet?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 10:45:06 AM »
              no but I'm going to get a new copy today, but from the issue I posted it seems other wise.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 09:09:45 AM »
                Its still full of problems, ugly too.... it took files from all over especially from my documents an put them in the trash.  I just did a system restore an didnt want to futher damage my systems.  Its a dell dimension 2350 but it should have worked without problems. or so it seems.

patio

• Genius
                • Maud' Dib
                  • Yes
                • Experience: Beginner
                « Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 09:58:16 AM »
                Its still full of problems, ugly too.... it took files from all over especially from my documents an put them in the trash.  I just did a system restore an didnt want to futher damage my systems.  Its a dell dimension 2350 but it should have worked without problems. or so it seems.

SP3 will NOT do this under any circumstances....
                This is either a fable or you have other file management issues.
                Also did you even happen to read the Guideline posted above for the SP3 pre-install checklist ? ?

It's these little internet horror stories that cause ill placed worry for the average user.

Did you send an error report to Microsoft ? ?
                Maybe they can explain why it alledgedly did something it does NOT do...

Sorry Squall but your Tales of Woe are starting to lose their credibility very rapidly.
                patio.
                " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 10:02:29 AM »
                  well its still suspisious to mee....  I have.  no but i was going too.