Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CPU Help AM2  (Read 2663 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

CPU Help AM2
    « on: October 03, 2008, 09:44:52 AM »
    I need to get a new cpu for this board which will be a machine cause the one pin broke off I dont understand all this cpu stuff too well but I found some good priced ones here.

http://www.geeks.com/products_sc.asp?cat=986

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=2324&name=AMD-Socket-AM2-Athlon-64-Processor

Open also to newegg an such but dont think that they have em...
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

geek hoodlum

Apprentice
      • Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: CPU Help AM2
    « Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 07:57:35 AM »
    Go for the AMD Athlon 64 X2! Look for the high clock speed.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 08:02:24 AM »
    squall, what do you want this computer for?
    What's your budget?
    And what motherboard?
    We can't help you until you give us those details at least.

(Sorry for late reply)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 05:43:43 AM »
      Yeah, I need something semi-fast.  Multimedia-video editting,photos....  I spent alot of money on a wii so funds are kind of small at the time.  Not sure its a dell will post pics not sure what number to look for havent done some of this in a while. 
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 11:06:45 AM »
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010340343%201051720996&bop=And&Order=PRICE

List of Newegg's AM2 CPUs, in ascending order of price.  Getting a dual core is highly recommended.
      Hope this helps.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 02:39:49 PM »
        I thought these where????

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
          • Yes
        « Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 12:04:11 PM »
        Not all are dual core.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 02:52:22 PM »
          Well didnt think that they would still sell those but if I had read it probably would have figure that they wherent but at least I now what I can put in it.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 10:24:02 AM »
            Heres the number I think.  http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk403/squall_131/DSC00810.jpg
            http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk403/squall_131/DSC00816.jpg

The board has four ram slots, its atx but not sure what psu to get ether.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 11:58:28 AM »
              So what kind of psu do i need I keep asking geeks to get some but I dont know what i need here.  Want to try an get this up really soon.