Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: inserting images in Word  (Read 2555 times)

Graham

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Some have no knowledge, others thank God, have.
    inserting images in Word
    « on: December 01, 2008, 12:23:29 PM »
    Hi Clever people,
                               I have two computers in the same room and both of them have Microsoft Office 2003.  If I do a screen print off one of them (my backup comp) it will "paste" into MS Word with no problem (as it should).  On the other computer (which is my main one) a screen print when "pasted" produces a rectangle with nothing in it.  When I open the clipboard the image is there waiting to be pasted but I am unable to transfer it onto the document.  I can paste a screen print into Paint or Wordpad but am still unable to copy and paste that into Word. The same problem happens with Clipart.  I have compared MS Word settings on both comps as I assumed that must be the problem.  However,  it all seems to be set up in the same way.  Both comps are running XP with SP3 and other than this problem both seem to working very well.  This is very irritating and I would appreciate the benefit of your knowledge. ???

Cheers,

Graham.

fgdn17

Hopeful

Re: inserting images in Word
      « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 01:09:13 PM »
      quick guess is how about doing a repair on Microsoft Office 2003 on the system
      that is having the issue...!!!??? That failing a re-install of Microsoft Office 2003 maybe..??

Good Luck

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 01:21:13 PM »
      Can you insert ANY kind of images in Word? If not, then do what the other post said, repair the installation of MS Office.  :)

Graham

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 04:22:52 PM »
        Hi Chaps,
                          I can put Autoshapes in from the Drawing toolbar but thats about it.  Strange ain't it?  I probably will go with the reinstallation option though.  Seems the most likely cure.  We shall see!!!!

Thanks for your help anyway.

Graham.

Graham

Topic Starter

Beginner
          « Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 03:51:41 AM »
          Hi all,
                   Unfortunately I am still here.  Have done a repair/installation but guess what, it is still the same.  So,  if any more ideas are flaoting around I am still listening.

Thanks people.

Graham.

Graham

Topic Starter

Beginner
            « Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 04:03:46 AM »
            Hi all,
                     If anyone is still looking for solutions please stop!!!! I did another  "Google" session and one of the suggestions was to clear the Picture placeholder tickbox in Options.  Hey presto, Job done.

Thank you all once again for your efforts.

Graham.