Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: good information  (Read 1887 times)

joseph

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

good information
    « on: December 01, 2008, 11:37:38 PM »
    i am currently searching the internet with no antivirus protection is this a good
    idea or bad idea and if bad what is the best free antivirus besides avg 8.0
    one that won't make your internet run slow and has real time protection
    thank you

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: good information
    « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 12:04:00 AM »
    You can try a Google of FREE AV programs and get LOTS of information. But you will either stick with AVG or go over to AVAST if you want it free. ???
    But I really don't like AV programs. What we need is a cuter measure program that when it finds a virus it sends a mighty blow to the user who started it!  ;D

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 02:37:15 PM »
      Geek-9pm,Indeed as already stated there are a variety avialable.I have used AVG free,Avast,& Avira free. I currently have Avira installed on both my wife's computers and mine and find them to be very good.They are real time and self updating. The initial subscription is sometimes a bit of a hassle (the registering part--which you must do). Other than that i find it to be the best of the 3 mentioned. However it really comes down to a personal preference thing. truenorth

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 02:58:32 PM »
      Real time protection sacrifices a ton of resources and is highly over-rated...if you use smart browsing habits it's unneccessary.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "