Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC Closing down - still require help.  (Read 4560 times)

lion1974

PC Closing down - still require help.
« on: April 03, 2005, 01:26:05 PM »
Previously posted this on another forum but no one has replied yet, can anyone help.

Post follows -

I managed to find a site that explained a bit more about the command interpreter problem. Anyway when i rebooted the system it got further displayed and few lines of data then rebooted itself again then it hung at - extracting tools.

When I rebooted again the whole screen was full of characters and didn't look good. I then followed your advise and replaced hard drive etc. I done a virus scan on her HD and it was infected with 2 viruses and infected about 3500 files. AVG managed to heal the drive ok, copied over what I needed to also.

I set the system back up again, switched on and all looked good went through the boot sequence the ME windows splash screen appeared and then it rebooted brought up the ME splash screen again and then hung in that screen. Thought I would then just install XP, the disc starts to boot from the cdrom but I get no visual and just hangs on this message.

My sisters original problem was her PC closing down that's why I went through everything and my last resort was the Mobo. Do you think the viruses that where on her HD might have been causing the problem. Prior to the removal of hardware her system booted up to the desktop ok but then just closed down after a few mins.

Many thanks for all your help and advise so far.