Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Office Professional 2003  (Read 2084 times)

truenorth

Topic Starter

Guru

Microsoft Office Professional 2003
    « on: December 04, 2008, 04:47:27 PM »
    A note of caution (if you haven't already been affected) Microsoft has recently (in my case yesterday) included in it's updates a security download for the above software. The end result of downloading this file is that you may well lose access to using Excel (and maybe more for all i know). Solutions are available on the internet however it will require a modification to your computer registry (in case that makes you uncomfortable). This "cure" may be worse than the disease.truenorth

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Microsoft Office Professional 2003
    « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 06:41:30 PM »
    Thanks for the alert.  Can you post the code numbers of the Microsoft updates? 

truenorth

Topic Starter

Guru

Re: Microsoft Office Professional 2003
      « Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 06:16:43 AM »
      I am not exactly certain as to what the code was (as i have already installed it and resolved the problem).However it is most likely to have been "KB838905" According to the Microsoft web site that particular security update was issued in Oct. 2008. Given that i had been away from the computer that it appeared on since Oct. 23rd it is most likely that is it. I cannot see that others on that program have been issued since. truenorth