Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer restart with different error report everytime!  (Read 2515 times)

jlsdust

Topic Starter

Beginner

Computer restart with different error report everytime!
    « on: December 04, 2008, 05:21:07 PM »
    Costume build:
    Intel Prescott 4 3.2Ghz
    MSI Motherboard with inboard VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP
    XP Home SP3
    RAM 1 GB
    HD1 80 GB
    HD2 2 GB

Problem:

The computer was giving me a blue screen at random time. After I try every way to fix it, i got tired and I reformat the HD and Installed the OS from scratch. I got all the available update for my system and VGA and the computer work find for a couple of week.

No, the computer restart at random time, no blue screen or nothing. After the system boot, windows give me several error reports, everytime something different. It said, system need updates, i look for the updates and is up to date. Then is said is hardware or device. The it said is the antivirus, then it said is the system memory, that i need to do a memory diagnostic. I have done everything windows error report have suggested and every time the same problem. Windows just restart with no reason.

I have no idea what else to do. I run the memory diagnostic, no error found. Change the Antivirus from Symantec endpoint protection, to symantec antivirus. Problem still there. System and Video card update. No different.

Pls Help me before a get a bat and start smashing this thing! : )

The restart of the computer is at random times, doesn't matter if I'm using it or if is on idle!  Is not a heat issue ether, I had a new power supply and a new cpu fan with Thermal compound.
    « Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 05:53:01 PM by jlsdust »

rebel214

Beginner
    • They call me the "rebel"...
      Re: Computer restart with different error report everytime!
      « Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 12:12:06 AM »
      What memory diagnostics you have used?

It seems like you have tried all possible solution with the problem...Have you tried using a separate graphics card? Try installing a separate graphics and install the correct driver, see if it works........

Post back with the results........ :-\

Good luck!
      Everything has it's own place, in proper time...

Skiing Ninja

Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 10:30:04 AM »
        What type and speed is your RAM?

Sean

jlsdust

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 01:44:48 PM »
          Hi guys, thank you for your reply;

For the memory diagnostic test i used the one Microsoft send me in the link, I don't remember the name. What i know is that you have to burn it on a CD and boost up you computer with it.

About my system:

The motherboard is:
          MSI PM8M3-V LGA 775 VIA P4M800CE Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
          Ram:
          pqi POWER Series 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Desktop Memory
          CPU:
          Intel Pentium 4 640 Prescott 3.2GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 84W Single-Core Processor
          With:
          Dynatron P985 92mm Ball CPU Cooler and Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound instead of the crappy factory fan.
          PS:
          LOGISYS Computer PS575XBK 575W ATX12V SLI Ready Power Supply with double fan.

And no i haven't try another video card.  Do you think that could be the problem?
          Because you should see this thing, everytime it restart, is a different report sometime 3 or 5 different error reports.

rebel214

Beginner
          • They call me the "rebel"...
            « Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 02:59:22 AM »

And no i haven't try another video card.  Do you think that could be the problem?
            Because you should see this thing, every time it restart, is a different report sometime 3 or 5 different error reports.

At this point, we are not really sure about what the problem is, but since it is the only item that you have not tried...It is worth a try, just make sure it is a known good parts.... :-\

Also please download SPEEDFAN here:

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Install and please post the results here..

We'll check if some chips of your motherboard is overheating...... :)

Good luck!

Everything has it's own place, in proper time...