Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Front Panel Audio  (Read 2138 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

No Front Panel Audio
    « on: December 05, 2008, 09:14:04 AM »
    I found out that my board allows me to use the front audio.  I removed the jumpers an connected the cable.  Went into the bios an disabled the on board sound.  I get no feed from the front but there is sound going threw my sound card.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Accessless

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: No Front Panel Audio
    « Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 09:19:02 AM »
    Well that's you problem isn't it? You just disabled your motherboards sound card. Wont you need the front panel audio connectors to go to your PCI/PCI-E/ISA sound card if it has those capabilities?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 09:22:04 AM »
      yes it is my problem.  yes but the mb manual said disable all periphals
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Accessless

Adviser
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 09:38:25 AM »
      So let me get this strait. You've installed a new sound card and disabled the on-board sound? However you want the font panel audio jacks to function?

If applicable, Have you connected the front panel to the motherboard or the sound card?
      Are you getting any sound out of the sound card itself?

And why do Amazon keep emailing me? I bought like one thing! (Sorry MSN pop up during typing)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 09:40:49 AM »
        old but yes I put the sound card back in. yes.  no, not sure couldnt say at the moment.  yes, its one of those things so your tempted to keep buing from there.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 09:41:27 AM »
        Does the sound card have headers for the front panel ? ?
        If so hook those up.

Onboard sound = Disabled------------------connection to front header = Disabled
        Sound card = Enabled-----------------------connection to front header = Enabled
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 09:43:26 AM »
          I see so it was if you had wanted thanks patio.  So If I reinable it, it should work okay.  I'll have to check the sound card however.  So I'll probably put the jumpers back then.