Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Freezes Everytime i Open something in a new window  (Read 4313 times)

Tom8765438

Freezes Everytime i Open something in a new window
« on: April 03, 2005, 10:58:07 PM »
plz help, everytime something needs to be opened in a new window in Internet Explorer 6.0 with MS XP Home it freezes and doesn't open. Does anyone know what to do ???

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Freezes Everytime i Open something in a new wi
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 02:18:56 PM »
Have you scanned for viruses and Spyware?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 02:24:28 PM »
    Tom8765438.......How long has this been going on ?.....Does it do the same thing if your right click on the link and chose open in a new window ?
    Have you changed any settings recently ?

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 02:25:12 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Tom8765438

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 11:56:10 PM »
    Thanks for replying...Yes, i have scanned for virus's and spyware and nothing was found :(. Its been going on for about 2 days (since i updated my windows messenger but id doubt that would cause it because its a proper official site), no security settings changed and it happens when i right click the link and choose open in a new window. Its very strange.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 12:14:10 AM »
      Tom8765438.....Odd ....did you update msn messenger or windows messenger ?
      I would be inclined to uninstall the updated messenger and see if that corrects the problem.....and if that doesnt do the trick......if you are sure your pc is clear of any viruses and spyware , use the system restore feature and set it back to the day before you downloaded the update .

Let us know

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Tom8765438

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 01:07:19 AM »
      I did a system restore back to the 2nd and its working totally fine :-)...thankyou so much, you saved me alot of work.  ;D,