Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is it possible to repair mini DVD ?  (Read 6761 times)

MarleneD

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Is it possible to repair mini DVD ?
    « on: December 07, 2008, 01:35:57 PM »
    Does anyone know if it's possible to fix/repair an error on a recorded mini dvd?
    I've been trying to record a mini dvd (recorded from a handheld Sony camcorder) but halfway through the process it stops and states there was an unrecoverable error and then aborts.  I know that the my dvd drives are working because I've recorded other mini dvd's with no problem.
    Any solutions?
    Thank you.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Is it possible to repair mini DVD ?
    « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 07:33:37 PM »
    I've been trying to record a mini dvd,[...] but halfway through the process it stops and states there was an unrecoverable error and then aborts
    Are you saying, that you're trying to record something on brand new mini DVD, and it gives you an error?
    If so, why don't you just throw it away, and try another one?

MarleneD

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 09:03:22 AM »
      I'm sorry I wasn't clear.  I meant that I'm trying to burn a previously recorded dvd and it won't burn because halfway during the process I get an error stating there was an unrecoverable error and then aborts.  My husband recorded a gig my son's band had on a Sony camcorder using a mini DVD.  We're trying to burn that mini DVD so that we can give copies to the other band members.  Well, I think the mini DVD has some sort of error on it (it plays just fine on the computer and on our tv's DVD player).  I've burned other mini DVD's just fine, so I'm sure it's not the DVD drives or the software. I'm wondering if there's a way of repairing the previously recorded mini dvd so that I can burn it.
      Thanks

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 09:14:44 AM »
      Still unclear what you're attempting...normally a previously recorded DVD/CD can't be used or added to unless multi-session is enabled when it was originally burned.
      If you're trying to copy a previously recorded DVD it needs to be copied back to your hard drive (ripped ) and burned again...

If this does not work DLoad and install the Trial version of ISOBuster to retrieve that data and re-burn it.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

MarleneD

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
        « Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 07:07:42 PM »
        I tried ripping/burning (not sure which term to use) the mini DVD again and this is the message I get:  "Data error (cyclic redundancy check). ll)" (0x80070017).
        Does this look familiar to anyone? 
        I apologize if this is not the right posting site.  I wasn't sure.
        Thank you.

Broni

Mastermind
        • Kraków my love :)
          • Computer Help Forum
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 07:12:43 PM »
        In 99% cases "cyclic redundancy check" error means bad CD/DVD.