Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How can I get computer to stop continually booting up, so I can troubleshoot?  (Read 2870 times)

wolfman

Topic Starter

Intermediate

This computer continues to boot up and whether I try to pick "Start Normally" or any of the safe modes it continues to cycle through and never stop. At some point before the big windows XP pops up on the screen, a screen with a blue background and some writing pops up, but it is so quick, you can't make out a single word or hit whatever key it is to stop it there. So I obviously cannot get any further to troubleshoot this computer, I can only imagine what I'm going to find. Hope this makes sense.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Your are hitting a GPF, I would boot the system off of its OS CD or DVD and use Windows REPAIR utility. If you dont have a disk you can " ahem borrow " one from a friend to repair your OS whether it is 2000, XP or Vista.

Boot off the CD and then you will see an option to REPAIR windows.

tessierc

when you boot up can you go into safe mode by pressing f8? I would try to reinstall windows. It's your software or motherboard.

JJ 3000

Egghead
      • Experience: Familiar
      On the advanced start-up screen (safe modes) choose: "Disable Automatic Restarts on System Failure". Write down the error message and post back with it.
      Save a Life!
      Adopt a homeless pet.
      http://www.petfinder.com/