Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ipod 6G TV Out  (Read 7747 times)

Anythingwill

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Computers, you love and you hate them...
    Ipod 6G TV Out
    « on: December 10, 2008, 04:36:18 PM »
    Hey

I've got an 80gb sixth generation ipod, and I thought I'd try connecting it to the TV. Yes I realise that it requires the special TV accessory.

However, I happened to have a USB to composite cable, and a USB female to female adapter (pics below). So what i tried was to connect it together with the ipod charger and see if - just on a long shot - it would allow me to send it to the tv. Now it didn't work, but i just wanted to see if it has to do with the wrong cable, or just a "broken" cable.

Has anyone happened to have tried anything like this, or know if there's a specific reason why it wouldn't work?

I figure the problem has to do with the fact that the usb charger is meant as a charger, but i had just figured it's just a cable, it should still be able to transmit the data. What do you guys think?

Thanks

[Saving space - attachment deleted by admin]

socrates

Apprentice

• I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Ipod 6G TV Out
    « Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 08:14:17 AM »
    The issue isn't that the cable isn't capable of doing what you're trying to do.  The issue is that the iPod isn't meant to send that signal through the cord you have. 

Unfortunately, your only option is to buy a video cord meant to go from your iPod to your TV.

There are plenty of them out there though, and you can always look on eBay for used ones.