Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: C# Windows App to execute an EXE upon button press  (Read 3978 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
C# Windows App to execute an EXE upon button press
« on: December 13, 2008, 07:37:55 PM »
Hello,

I am trying to get my C# Windows Application coded in C# 2008 edition to run an EXE compiled in Visual C++ 6.0. Trying to figure out the code required at my Button on the form to execute the single EXE program outside of the C# program. I am guessing that there is a command like system("program.exe"); in C++ that can be executed in C# to execute the EXE.

Any suggestions and code snippets to show function at button click in Visual C# for C# Windows Application greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: C# Windows App to execute an EXE upon button press
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 07:42:57 PM »
not to keen myself as far as .NET, but I believe there is a "Process" object you need to create, or something along those lines.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Experience: Expert
Re: C# Windows App to execute an EXE upon button press
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 09:54:12 PM »
Thanks for your input on this... I will google C# Process Object and see if that brings me someplace closer to a solution. Almost thinking that I should just use Visual C++ instead of C# for the matter that I could compile my existing program and the nice GUI into one application. Many have suggested C# are being very good for rolling out Windows Apps. I am thinking that VB6 was even easier than this..ha ha

Thanks