Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: VIDEO ISSUE  (Read 2006 times)

Akio_Sangyo_Yieng

Topic Starter

Starter

VIDEO ISSUE
    « on: December 16, 2008, 09:36:06 PM »
    I recently repaired an old computer I had for quite some time, I had maybe 4 problems with it, One was that the computer wouldn't boot up, I swapped the old PSU for a known good one, this fixed issue 1 , issue was that There was faulty ram, I replaced the ram and didn't get the beeps, issue 3 was the cpu fan, I't didnt spin at all so I replaced it with a known good one, I booted the computer for the first 3 times and it worked perfectly fine, It showed the post screen, went to the windows xp screen, and was a little slow but I was able to fix the problem, but then 3 weeks later, I turned it on and the monitor didn't show anything, I tried it on a new monitor and it didn't work I tried again and it worked just fine, for like 5 minutes then the monitor went off again, I made sure everything was seated properly and that all cables were hooked up properly but still no results, I kept trying and it worked sometimes but then it didn't so I tried a vga card but still nothing and I tried this on another computer and it worked, then I tried one more time and the onboard vga worked but then out of the blue it went out again  :(, Ive tried allot of things but this seems to be getting out of hand for me and im trying to avoif buying a new mother board cuz im certain that can't be the problem, unless it's barely starting to get faulty... ??? any ideas ?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: VIDEO ISSUE
    « Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 05:09:17 AM »
    When did this start happening?

Can you try another known working video card?

Akio_Sangyo_Yieng

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 09:35:32 PM »
      As soon as I plugged the computer in it started happening and the card I had/have is perfect because ived switched  it out in 5 different computers and the video card functioned fine, I switched out the processors on that one motherboard but it did no difference and when I plug the vga cable in  the card or the mother board  it works but it stays in the posts screen and then when i try to restart it turns on but the screem wont work I also found out that my hard drive was defective so I changed hard drives with a new one but it still didnt work , so Im assuming its the mother board im running some final tests on it right now if it is then im going to get a different one..*sigh* and i really was trying to avoid it

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 09:51:43 AM »
      What brand and wattage PSU did you put in this machine ? ?
      It actually sounds as if this machine is cursed...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "