Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help IBM Pentium II 350MHZ  (Read 3264 times)

pnguyen2000

Help IBM Pentium II 350MHZ
« on: April 08, 2005, 12:14:32 AM »
I have an IBM Pentium II 350MHZ. I try to install a new 13 gigabytes IDE hard disk, but it couldn't see it. Everytime it boots up with the meassage: "PXE-MO4 Initializing boot device network interrup 18h." It only can see the original hard drive (4 gigabytes). I when inside the bios and make it boots from hard disk 0, but the same meassage still display and it can't see any new hard disk accept the original. So I took out the battery on the motherboard and boot it up, hopefully I can re-set the cmos. Then I installed the battery back on the motherboard, but now I have another problem the system is hang up at the screen display IBM. I couldn't get in the cmos or do anything.  I went to IBM website try to find the document for the motherboard, but no luck. What should I do now?

Best Regards,

Philip  ???

rs8389

Re: Help IBM Pentium II 350MHZ
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 12:26:56 AM »
What OS?  What's the make of the motherboard? What HDD?  If it's that old, the 13GB HDD might be too big...

ojas25

Apprentice

• My Computer World
    « Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 03:44:03 PM »
    Hi Go to Google and search for Eversthome its a free program download it and then you can get all the infomation about your computer it will even give the web site URL for your motherboard. It's well worth the efford to download you can find out heaps about your computer.
    Computers are my hobby and my income love working with computers

Redeyes_Gambit

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 01:40:21 PM »
    Did you leave your CMOS battery out for more than 15 minutes? If you did you may have given you pc "brain damage" you want to deprive it of electricity long enough to give it amnesia (15 minutes no less no more) not to give it "brain damage" (more than 15 minutes). You prob'ly already knew this but i figured I'd ask just in case.

If we can get around this second problem of yours I think I may know what the first one is. Did you fdisk your slave HDD to have an extended partition?
    (go here: http://www.cybertechhelp.com/html/tutorials/tutorial.php/id/73 to see how to do this)

You may have done this and it's some other problem, but again im just making sure.
    « Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 02:00:13 PM by Redeyes_Gambit »

Computer_Commando

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 03:49:14 PM »
    It may not be able to see a hard drive greater than 8GB without an upgraded BIOS (if available) or drive overlay software.
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000273.htm