Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can only boot to safe mode  (Read 3143 times)

cojack

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Can only boot to safe mode
    « on: January 05, 2009, 02:20:46 PM »
    I'm helping a friend and his pc can only boot to safe mode. In safe mode I ran Malwarebytes and pulled out two vundo trojans and removed them. Ran AVG in the command mode and nothing found but several files were locked and were not checked. Ran spybot and removed another trojan. Don't remember the name of that one. W32 something. When you ask the pc to boot normal, it tries to boot, you get the windows XP window but goes back to the menu for safe mode. If I go to the safe mode with networking, I can get on the internet. Can't run superantispyware remover because I can't install it int the safe mode. He's running on Win XP SP3. Ran HJT. Log attached.

Not sure if I should be here or in the spyware,virus, malware forum. Should I open a thread in each forum?

[attachment deleted by admin]
    Cojack

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Can only boot to safe mode
    « Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 03:57:14 PM »
    Moved to Malware forum

Not sure if I should be here or in the spyware,virus, malware forum. Should I open a thread in each forum?
    Nope, you just put it in one board  : )
    More than one is against the rules, a lot of people do that anyways... we just lock them.

cojack

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 04:11:04 PM »
      Thanks! I don't see it in the other forum. Does it take awhile to transfer there?
      Cojack

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
        • Yes
        • Technology News and Information
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 04:35:52 PM »
      Thanks! I don't see it in the other forum. Does it take awhile to transfer there?
      Stupid me  : )
      I forgot to move it *slaps self on head*