Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Change display language by restoring?  (Read 3984 times)

ozziee

Topic Starter

Starter

Change display language by restoring?
    « on: December 24, 2008, 06:16:44 AM »
    Hi,

I've tried to change the display language on my computer to English instead of Swedish. I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium and there is no option where you can change the display language as in Ultimate. Vista was already pre-installed in this computer when I first bought it. It's an Acer Aspire 7230.

When I started it for the first time, I followed the instructions to start using it and I remember that there was a list where you could choose what language you wanted, so I choosed Swedish. Now, as I said before, I want English instead. How do I do? I've already restored the computer to the fabric-settings and it didn't pop up any window to let me choose another language. How do I do to restore EVERYTHING? I mean as it was the first time I started the computer (laptop).

Any answer would be much appreciated, Thank you.  :)

Raptor

Re: Change display language by restoring?
    « Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 06:43:27 AM »
    You can't. Once you select the restoration language you're set for life with your set of CDs. You'll have to contact Acer and ask them to send you the right CDs.

ozziee

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 10:06:42 AM »
      Thank you for your answer.

I was quite determined that restoring would work because of the reason that I saw in a forum that someone had restored and managed to change the language. I would ask him but that never occurred to my mind so now I can't find the link.

Anyways, I was a bit confused when you started talking about Cd's. What kind Cd's do you mean?

And by the way, thank you for the Acer info, I've now sent an support mail to them and are currently waiting for the answer.

THANK YOU-

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 10:25:10 AM »
      The recovery CDs (Or DVDs) acer asks you to make that reset the system back to factory defaults. A program should have popped up asking you to create these when you first turned it on. It might be called "NTI Backup now"

If you turn the laptop on for the first time, you can pick the language in the special Acer installation menu. That's why most stores refuse to turn on laptops because they don't want it to auto-install.

I was quite determined that restoring would work because of the reason that I saw in a forum that someone had restored and managed to change the language. I would ask him but that never occurred to my mind so now I can't find the link.

I'd be quite interested in knowing how. Acer's official response is that you need to contact them if you made the wrong language choice and order new CDs.