Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Missing VGA Controller[VGA Compatible] Drivers  (Read 4010 times)

Ironman

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Virtus, Veneratio, Fidelitas
    • Yes
    • My Personal Site
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Missing VGA Controller[VGA Compatible] Drivers
« on: December 24, 2008, 02:09:47 PM »
Well I recently upgraded my hard drive and so I re-installed Windows XP, downloaded all the updates, and there is a drivers CD that originally came with my PC so I just popped that in when I re-installed Windows and I thought it took care of all my drivers. Later while I was surfing the web I was reading a news article when I wanted to scroll down the scrolling was choppy and not very fluid. I first thought it was because of Internet Explorer or that particular website so I switched to Mozilla Firefox and tried other websites still the same thing, also when I watch videos -online and offline- I tried to maximize the video and it turns a little choppy it plays fast and the audio works great too but you can see like choppy lines when it is maximized. It not my mouse either because  I tried other mouses with this PC and the same result and the when I use the scroll bar same thing. So then I though may my computer is just really slow but all my programs work really fast. And I have a broadband internet connection. I thought maybe it was a virus buy Kaspersky Security found nothing. i never had this problem before I upgrade my hard drive. So I thought my monitor looks likes it works fine so I checked Window's Install new hardware to see if I was missing any drives and it turn out I'm missing a VGA Controller[VGA Compatible] driver. I think it is for my graphics controller(I don't have a graphics card my motherboard has integrated graphics). So i went to my Monitors property to see the type of adapter I have and it says that the adapter info is unavailable. I have Biostar P4M800-M7A motherboard with and Intel Pentium 4 chipset. So can some one tell me what type of graphics controller I have for this motherboard and where I can download these drivers? Also it because I am missing this driver causes the choppy scrolling or am I just imagining it?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 11:36:04 AM by Ironman »

fgdn17

Hopeful

Re: Missing VGA Controller[VGA Compatible] Drivers
    « Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 01:03:03 PM »
    you have the S3 UniChrome integrated graphics, it's part of the VIA P4M800 + VT8237R chipset

you can get the driver here:

http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=1&CatID=1160&SubCatID=150

ref: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=P4M800-M7&cat=MBB

http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2&OSID=1&CatID=1160

Good Luck

Ironman

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Virtus, Veneratio, Fidelitas
      • Yes
      • My Personal Site
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Missing VGA Controller[VGA Compatible] Drivers
    « Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 01:13:14 PM »
    Thank you very much! All those problems are fixed! No more choppy scrolling! Thanks again!