Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows - No Disk  (Read 2109 times)

hidinu

Topic Starter

Rookie

Windows - No Disk
    « on: December 25, 2008, 10:48:35 PM »
    I think I have a problem with my CD ROM Drive.

I use LG DVD RW Drive and Windows XP Professional SP3 with Intel P4, 1 GB RAM and Windows Live One Care anti virus programme.

From yesterday onwards I am getting a error message as I have shown in the attachment.
    It says "Windows - No Disk".
    The DVD drive could able to read and write the cd's and dvd's normally but the error message is not completely disappearing by pressing the 3 options it has provided. It goes back and reappears again with the same message.

I have tried Windows restore to restore my computer to an earlier time but of no use.

I have also tried to uninstall and reinstall and drive but this is also of no use.
    I have tried to update driver but...... no use.
    Finally i have disabled the DVD drive, but this also couldnot delete the error message.

Please help me in this regard.

Thanking you in advance.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dias de verano

Re: Windows - No Disk
    « Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 04:36:04 AM »
    This problem seems to be caused either by malware (virus or spyware etc), or by software following a Windows update or some other software installation or uninstallation (particularly HP, Norton or QuickTime software) trying to check for removable media that isn't there (e.g. disc in DVD drive or card in card reader), when it shouldn't be doing that check.

If you have not recently done a Windows update, or software, install/uninstall as listed above, you may have a malware problem.

Scan your computer with a virus checker and anti-spyware etc - try more than one product (e.g. there's also NOD32 ESET), clean any infections and reboot.

Next post in CH's malware section.