Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I have a monitor issue with an all-in-one  (Read 2693 times)

alleyrat

I have a monitor issue with an all-in-one
« on: April 10, 2005, 10:42:02 AM »
 ???
Got a four year old NetVista from IBM all-in-one.  This morning while I was working on a project the screen went black.  Tried powering back up I can hear the windows entry tone but no screen.  I'm not sure if it is the monitor or the video card since it is all together and enclosed.  I'm not even sure how to get to the motherboard since it is encased behind the panel to the monitor.  Any tips to getting to these parts?  Any hints on if I can just somehow attach a monitor to this computer without having a serial plug on the system itself?  I'm thinking it would just be cheaper to get a new system but I have files on this system I need to get off.

I got this computer a couple of months ago and am just learning about the pitfalls of having a complete system in one box.  Help!   :'(

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: I have a monitor issue with an all-in-one
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 12:43:04 PM »
Did you install any new hardware/software prior to this incident? Also, which Operating System is installed?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Computer_Commando

Re: I have a monitor issue with an all-in-one
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 03:18:37 PM »
...I'm thinking it would just be cheaper to get a new system but I have files on this system I need to get off.

I got this computer a couple of months ago and am just learning about the pitfalls of having a complete system in one box...

I'm sure the hard drive can be removed and installed into another computer in order to get your files from it.

You have to ask yourself:  how much time, effort and expense to you want to spend on this all-in-one.  It's probably not worth it.