Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: modem error  (Read 2194 times)

rockstar4cs

Topic Starter

Intermediate

modem error
    « on: December 27, 2008, 04:18:56 PM »
    I'm new to DSL I just got verzion high speed internet. I'm installing it myself and I'm having issues with the modem. I installed all the filters for the DSL on my phones I have a phone line running directly into the modem an ethernet cable running from the modem to the back of my computer and the power is plugged in. I put the Verzion disk in my router I believe its 6100 model I only get as far as testing my connection when the count down for testing my connection ends it gives me errors. Check Service ready date it says well according to verzion my service ready date is good so it should work the filters are installed on all my phones I dont have any alarm systems or anything else hooked into the phone lines. My computer is a Sony Vaio windows XP installed with around 700mbs of ram. I just installed a new Ethernet card in it that doesnt seem to be the problem because the cable I got has Ethernet and USB on it and I cant get either to get a connection signal. I pluged everything in and did an IPConfig on the command prompt and I'm getting and IP address its a 192 IP adress I believe. I tried releasing it and renewing the ip address with no luck. I did a trouble shooting on my internet and what I got was this.
    TCP/IP BINDING FAIL
    Adapter Enable FAIL
    DHCP fail
    any idea's on what my problem could be any help I'd appreciate.