Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 4 cores only 1 active  (Read 2087 times)

HotCrossBuns156

Topic Starter

Starter

4 cores only 1 active
    « on: December 28, 2008, 10:25:42 PM »
    Hi all, I have a Q8200 quad core processor which runs to my liking, however, i have a problem. I'm running an application that makes my computer scream for mercy, it brings my frame rate below 5, which is heavily frustrating. I looked at the performance tab and the percentage is at 25%(3 of the boxes have their lines at the bottom, the 4th box has it at the top) always, never lower, never higher, and i was wondering if theres a way to make it so the application utilizes all four cores at once instead of murdering just one core.

*the application is FRAPS

Thanks!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/WheatCrackers/coreisolation1-1.jpg - A picture of my performance tab.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: 4 cores only 1 active
    « Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 01:10:05 AM »
    The application was likely designed for single core execution... I havent seen any utilities etc to span processes across multiple cores, which were designed for single core execution like you are looking for. If someone here has seen a utility to do this spanning for load balancing, I too am interested as for I have a dual core that floods the first core and it would be neat to balance the load for better performance.