Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Virus virtumonde gone wild... I need help!  (Read 3000 times)

annetheplayer

Virus virtumonde gone wild... I need help!
« on: December 29, 2008, 02:49:22 AM »
I really need help with my laptop. I've been working on it for months now. I have a Gateway tablet running on windows XP. My dilemma startd when i downloaded from a torrent and this malware found its way into my system.

The symptoms: there is this bogus antivirus trying to install (keeps on popping up) and my computer started to run so slow. So I tried to remove this malware/trojan/virus (virtumonde) which was detected by my anti-virus, and my next dilemma came - my computer was still slow and my explorer.exe started to disappear resulting to a crash.

I restarted my compter in safe mode and I tried to check my hard drive via My Computer... to my shock, I couldn't find drive d nor f. All I have is my hard drive c, shared folders and documents. So, here comes the worst part, I tried reformat my computer... everything was running smoothly till the partition part came. The message was something like this "Missing Hard Drive C, no drive availabe for partitioning". I tried using a floppy disk as well, the message was "Invalid Drive" seems like drive A is aslo not being detected.

But the funny part is, my computer is working on safe mode. I deleted all the virus on safe mode but when i try to reboot on normal mode, my explorer.exe goes wild which leads to a crash.

What is causing this???

Please help me... I really am desperate!!!

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Virus virtumonde gone wild... I need help!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 03:02:42 AM »