Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Spyware Removal - System now won't work  (Read 2373 times)

laralicia

Topic Starter

Spyware Removal - System now won't work
    « on: January 01, 2009, 04:17:29 PM »
    I'm a total novice with computers. I ran a free spyware detection through my interenet provider and it found around 100 spyware infections. I clicked "okay" to remove the spyware, and now the computer will not come back on. It cycles through the Intel blue screen and the Windows XP black screen over and over. The fans work, the lights come on, and it just keeps cycling through. Did I do something that is irreversible? The computer is my home office work computer with tons of valuable information for work on it. Please advise if there is anything I should try first. For now, I've just walked away from the office in despair.  Thanks so much for any advice available.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Spyware Removal - System now won't work
    « Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 06:07:20 PM »
    How about letting us know what programs you  ran ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 06:55:55 PM »
    Laralicia - Welcome to the CH forums.

Please supply info on what your computer is like, make, model, harware setup, what OS disks are available etc.

The computer is my home office work computer with tons of valuable information for work on it. Please advise if there is anything I should try first.

As a novice you should seek advice before running any scan/utility/removal tool  with which you are not already familiar.

Is your backup up-to-date?

One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

laralicia

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 06:39:13 AM »
      Hi there. Thanks for your replies. I ran a Verizon Broadband Anti Spyware program that was offered for free through my homepage (probably my first mistake)  As I am a remote office for my company, I do not have access to any discs at this time, and unfortunately, I don't have a back up system in place so nothing is backed up. The computer is a Minuet (hard drive). I appreciate your responses; Happy New Year.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 10:04:07 AM »
      Did you try to start in Safe Mode?