Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer won't power up  (Read 3149 times)

Ann

Topic Starter

Computer won't power up
    « on: January 01, 2009, 07:24:15 PM »
    We experienced a power outage and since power has been restored I can't power up my computer.  It was attached to a surge protector.  On the back of the tower there is a green light that is flashing slowly and dimly.  The light continues to flash even when I disconnect the electrical power cord.  When I try to power up the computer nothing happens, no fan, no sound -- nothing.  Any ideas?  Thanks. 

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
      • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Computer won't power up
    « Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 07:40:29 PM »
    Hello!
    Have you checked your surge protector? Is it working fine? Have you tried changing the power cords?
    "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
    --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 09:37:19 PM »
    sounds like your powersupply is dead and you need a new one

Ann

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 04:31:09 PM »
      I checked power source and it's fine.  I tried using another cord with no luck.  I  plugged another PC into the same power source and it powered up fine.  ??

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 07:47:13 PM »
      what I ment was the thing INSIDE of the computer that converts ac to dc or something like that.  It sounds like it was damadged during the outage