Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Golden eye keylogger  (Read 4185 times)

trish ducharme

Golden eye keylogger
« on: April 12, 2005, 08:02:01 PM »
I downloaded a keylogger, and went to uninstall it, and it won't let me.  It  keeps saying that it is running, which it is, on my desktop I can see it.  I click on it and nothing happens.  I've went to programs and it's not there.  I've tried deleting everything that pertains to it, but some of the files won't let me delet them saying that an instance of it is running.  Any suggestions?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Golden eye keylogger
    « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 08:22:58 PM »
    trish ducharme.....If you downloaded it .....you should be able to find it ......
    Have you tried the search feature ?
    Use the word "goldeneye"
    I can tell you that Pest Patrol will locate and remove it , but you should be able to remove it manually.

you should also use the search feature in the registry as well.

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

trish ducharme

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 08:28:09 PM »
    I can find it, it just won't let me delet it because it says its running.  There's a thing on my desktop that is from goldeneye.  I try clicking on it but nothing happens.  I was able to delet some of the folders, ect. but like I said, it won't let me delet some.  I went into 'search all files and folders' (had it show me the hidden ones too) and got all I couls deleted, but some of it is still there.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 11:32:03 PM »
      trish ducharme  .....Try booting up insafe mode .....and see if you can delete it that way .

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.